Membranes play a major role in producing high quality drinking water and overcoming water shortage challenges faced by many countries in the world through water reuse and desalination. Tremendous achievements have been made in the field of membrane technology for water and wastewater treatment in the last decades, and membrane technology continues to progress at a fast pace, generating many new breakthroughs through research and development. Current rapid evolution of the membrane technology drives the membrane researchers and industries towards the newer generation membrane modules. So, continuous fast development on membrane research will play a key role in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals in water supply, in Energy and in Sanitation.
The theme of the national Conference on “Challenges and New trends in Membrane Technology 2017” focuses on recent trends in membrane technology to overcome the challenges in separation, energy production and other applications. This event aims to provide vibrant platform for the gathering of professionals from membrane community, environmental Scientists, chemist, industrial engineers and local experts to share and highlight their latest novel findings and advanced knowledge in membrane technology. It would be a great opportunity for students and young researchers to meet the experts in the field of membrane technology and new collaborators.
- To promote membrane science & technology among the young research minds in India.
- To foster collaborations between local membranologist with community (public and industries)
- To promote the growth of scientific and technical development in the of membrane development in India.
- Membrane materials, fabrication technique and biomedical application
- Renewable energy driven membrane processes for Desalination and drinking water
- Top challenges and future directions in industrial membrane separation process
- Next generation Graphene based Membrane Technology